Big Soft Ginger Cookie recipe
This old-fashioned Big Soft Ginger Cookie recipe bakes up beautiful 3 inch round soft and chewy ginger cookies just like grandma made. These homemade ginger cookies are a great Christma cookie exchange recipe.
Soft Ginger Cookies are perfect with a glass of milk or can be baked for your Christmas cookie exchange.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup additional sugar in a small bowl
- Preheat oven to 350 F. degrees.
- Prepare a large cookie sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and molasses.
- In a separate bowl whisk the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt together.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Use a metal tablespoon to scoop the dough and roll the dough into balls, then roll in dough ball in the sugar a bowl to coat all sides.
- Place each dough ball 2 to 3 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 F. for 12 to 15 minutes or until puffy and golden around the edges.
- Cool for 5 minutes then remove the cookies from the cookie sheet and cool on a wire rack.
- Makes about 2 to 2 1/2 dozen soft ginger cookies.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 118
Keywords: soft ginger cookie recipe, ginger cookies, homemade ginger cookie crust, old fashioned Christmas cookies, Cookie exchange cookie recipe