The holiday baking season is upon us and it is time to pull out my favorite Christmas cookie recipe. This is the Best Christmas Sugar Cookies recipe you will every make. Christmas is just a few days away but you have plenty of time to bake a batch of these Christmas Sugar Cookies and decorate them with your favorite cookie frosting recipe.
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbs light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or almond extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- Cream the butter, sugar and corn syrup together in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Beat in the vanilla extract and salt.
- In a small bowl lightly beat the egg and water together then add to the mixer bowl.
- Add the flour to the mixer bowl and beat on low until combined.
- Scrap the bowl and beat on medium until the cookie dough is smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and divide in half.
- Form each half of dough into a ball, place the ball into a plastic bag and flatten into a disk.
- Place both disks of cookie dough onto a cookie sheet and chill for at least and hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. degrees.
- Roll the chilled dough out to 1/8-1/4 an inch thickness. Cut cookies out with your favorite cookie cutters.
- Gently place each cookie onto a cookie sheet that has been lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden.
- Decorate as desired.
- Makes about 36-48 cookies.
- Category: Best Christmas Cookie, Best Rolled Christmas Sugar Cookie recipe, Sugar Cookie recipe
- Serving Size: 1 Plain Cookie
- Calories: 156