When you need a little sweet snack homemade Banana Chocolate Chip Granola Bars will hit the spot.
Homemade granola bars are a healthier snacking option. Made from ingredients you can trust homemade granola bars are a good school snack, lunch box snack and after school snack option.
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup rice crispie cereal
- 1 cup dried banana chips broken into bite size pieces.
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2/3 cup corn syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 F..
- Prepare a 9 x 13 inch baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper leaving a slight over hang so you can easily remove the baked granola bars from the pan..
- In a large bowl mix the oats, rice cereal, banana chips and chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix the peanut butter, corn syrup and vanilla extract. Warm in the microwave for 20 seconds.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture into the large bowl of dry ingredients.
- With a stiff spatuala mix well until the wet ingredients are incorporated well with the dry ingredients.
- Pour the granola ingredients into the baking pan. Spread out evenly.
- Press the granola down into the baking pan. Tip use a piece of parchment paper to cover the top of the ingredients and press down firmly to compact the granola tightly. Discard the parchment paper once the granola is pressed into the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes for soft granola bars. Bake for 30-35 minutes for crunchy granola bars.
- Once baked remove the pan from the oven and cool on a baking rack for 15-20 minutes.
- After cooled carefully remove the granola from the baking sheet by picking it up by the over hanging parchment paper. Place the granola with parchment paper on a cutting board.
- Slice into 24 bars and let set for about 30 minutes to firm up before storing in an air tight container or individually wrapping them in parchment or wax paper.
- Serving Size: 1 Granola Bar
- Calories: 163
- Carbohydrates: 23.8g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 3g