This jam recipe comes from the Ball Fresh Preserving website. Ball Automatic Jam and Jelly Maker Pina Colada Jam
- 3–1/2 cups crushed fresh pineapple (or use canned like I did)
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 4–1/2 tbsp Ball® brand RealFruit™ Classic Pectin
- 1/2 tsp butter or margarine (optional)
- 5 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut, coarsely chopped
- 6 Ball® brand Half Pint (8 oz) Glass Preserving Jars with Lids and Bands
- Prepare your jars
- Peel and core pineapple or used canned. Coarsely chop and then crush with a potato masher. Measure required quantity of crushed pineapple and remaining ingredients for your recipe; set aside.
- Combine the crushed pineapple and coconut water in an 8-quart saucepan. Gradually stir in Pectin. Add butter, if using. Bring mixture to a full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down, over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Add chopped coconut and the sugar, stirring constantly to dissolve. Bring to a full rolling boil. Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim foam, if necessary, from top of jam.
Ball Canning recipe