This recipe has been adapted from the Karo Corn Syrup Peanut Butter & Jelly bars recipe at http://www.karosyrup.com/recipe_details.asp?id=1674
- 1 cup butter OR margarine, room temperature
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1-1/3 cups strawberry vanilla jam or jam of choice
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- handful of dried cranberries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter, sugar and corn syrup in a large bowl with mixer at medium speed 1 to 2 minutes. Beat in eggs and peanut butter until combined. Combine flour, salt and baking powder in a small bowl. Add to peanut butter mixture; mix on low speed until dough forms.
- Divide dough in half. Divide one half between two 8x8 pans, pressing the dough into the bottom of each pan. (OR for easy removal, line pan with greased foil, leaving 2 inches foil extending over pan at ends). Spread strawberry jam over dough in one pan. Drop small pieces of remaining dough over the jam. (Dough will spread during baking and cover jam.) Sprinkle top with almond and dried cranberries.
- Repeat directions from the first pan for the second pan instead using blackberry jam as the filling.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes until light golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack at least 30 minutes. If pan is lined with foil, use foil to lift bars from pan. Cut into bars. Delicious served with a glass of cold milk!