Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Cookies Recipe
- 8 tablespoons PB2 Peanut Butter Powder with Madagascar Vanilla
- 6 tablespoons cool water
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup diced apple
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the PB2 Peanut Butter Powder with Madagascar Vanilla with the cool water until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- In a large bowl measure the old fashioned oats and quick oats.
- Add the ground cinnamon and salt to the bowl with the oatmeal. Mix with a spoon until the cinnamon is evenly coating the oats.
- Add the chopped walnuts, golden raisins and diced apples to the bowl. Mix with a spoon to combine.
- Add the PB2 Peanut Butter, honey and apple sauce to the bowl. Mix with a wooden spoon until all of the oats are moistened with the wet ingredients. Add up to a tablespoon more of honey if the mixture seems dry.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Use a 1 1/2 inch dough scoop or a tablespoon to form each cookie. Leaving about 2 inches between each cookie. Gently press down on the center of each cookie with the back of a spoon.
- Once the cookie sheet is filled bake the breakfast cookies for 12 to 14 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Remove the baked breakfast cookies from the oven and place the cookie sheet on a cooling rack.
- Allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the baked cookies from the cookie sheet to a cooling rack to cool completely before storing.
- Makes 30 two inch breakfast cookies.
- Store the Apple Cinnamon Breakfast cookies in an airtight container for up to one week in the refrigerator.
- For longer storage individually wrap each cookie in plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag. The breakfast cookies will last about 3 months in the freezer.
- To thaw frozen breakfast cookies remove from the freezer about an hour before eating.
- Serving Size: 2 Breakfast Cookies
- Calories: 69
- Sugar: 6.73g
- Sodium: 66.4g
- Fat: 1.5g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.2g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 13.7g
- Fiber: 9.1g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Cookies, Breakfast Cookie Recipe,