- 2 unbaked pie shells
- 1– 29 ounce can of pumpkin or
- 4 cups of fresh pumpkin
- 1 ½ cups of sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Prepare your pie crusts. You can use homemade or store bought, the choice is yours.
- Add the sugar, spices and salt to a large bowl and whisk until the spices are evenly distributed.
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl with a fork and set aside.
- Add the pumpkin, evaporated milk and sweetened condensed milk to the large bowl with the sugar mixture.
- Pour the eggs in the bowl.
- Beat on low speed for 2 to 3 minutes until everything is combined.
- Evenly divide the mixture between the two pie crusts.
- Bake for 15 minutes on 450 degrees.
- After 15 minutes lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 45 to 55 minutes until the center is solid.
- A toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool on a rack for 2 hours.
- Serve after cooling or cover and refrigerate.