The traditional Almond Spritz Cookies recipe is one of the easiest Christmas cookie recipes you can bake.
Buttery Spritz cookies are perfect for your Christmas Cookie Exchange or office party when you need to make a large batch of cookies or a small batch of cookies. Spritz Christmas cookies are easy to decorate and can be decorated in many ways.
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, room temperature (3 sticks)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (I used my homemade vanilla extract)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F. degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the all purpose flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large and deep mixing bowl cream the softened butter and the granulated sugar together for about 2 minutes.
- Add the egg, milk, vanilla extract and almond extract to the bowl. Beat with a hand mixer or in a stand mixer until well combined and fluffy.
- Gradually add the flour to the bowl in three increments, beating the flour until it is mixed in well after each addition. If using a hand mixer and it starts to strain use a wooden spoon to finish combing the flour into the cookie dough.
- Place the desired cookie shape disk on the bottom of the cookie press. Fill the cookie press with about one cup of cookie dough or until the cookie press barrel is full. Being sure you have pressed out all the air pockets.
- Screw the cookie press handle on. Check to make sure the handle is in the locked position. Squeeze a few practice cookies out.
- Place the cookie press flat against the cookie sheet squeeze the handle twice and lift straight up to form a cookie. Repeat until your cookie sheet is filled. Leave an inch between each cookie. Bake at 350 F. degrees for 9 to 12 minutes. Do not over bake. Cookies should be kightly golden around the edges. Place the hot cookie sheet on a cooling rack for 10 minutes. Use a very thin metal spatula to lift the cooled cookies off the cookie sheet. Transfer to a cooling rack until completely cool.
- Repeat with the remaining almond Spritz dough. Decorate with powdered sugar glaze and sprinkles if desired.
- Makes about 48 cookies.
- Category: Christmas Cookies
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 102
- Sugar: 4.2g
- Fat: 5.9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2.0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 11.3g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Protein: 1.2g
Keywords: Almond Spritz Cookies Recipe, Cookie Press Recipe, Christmas cookies recipe, Cookie Exchnage Recipe