Celebrate the 4th of July in style with 4th of July Berrylicious Cupcakes in a Jar, a red white and blue desserts in a jar recipe for the summer. These layered cupcakes are perfect for all of your summer celebrations.
- 1 box of white cake mix
- Ingredients to make the cake mix
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1 can blueberry pie filling
- 1 container Cool Whip Vanilla frosting
- 1 decorating bag and large star tip (optional)
- AmeriColor red soft gel paste food dye
- AmeriColor blue soft gel paste food dye
- Make the white cake mix as directed.
- Divide the batter evenly into 3 bowls.
- Add 3-5 drops of blue soft gel paste food dye to one bowl and mix well.
- Add 3-5 drops of red soft gel paste food dye to one of the remaining bowls of batter and mix well.
- Leave the remaining bowl of white batter uncolored.
- 1 standard box of cake mix will make 24 cupcakes. filled the cupcake liners with each color of cake batter and bake as directed.
- Allow cupcakes to cool completely.
- To assemble the 4th of July Cupcakes in a jar.
- Slice a red, a white and a blue cupcake in half. Set aside.
- Add one half of a red cupcake to the bottom of a mason jar.
- Add about 1 tablespoon cherry pie filling on top of the red cupcake half.
- Add 1- 1 1/2 tablespoons Cool Whip frosting.
- Add half of a white cupcake on top of the cool whip frosting.
- Now add another layer of cool whip frosting.
- On top of the Cool Whip Frosting add about a tablespoon of blueberry pie filling.
- Add half a blue cupcake and then another layer of blueberry pie filling. If you will be transporting your 4th of July Cupcakes in a Jar to your Independence Day Celebration stop here and cover with a canning lid.
- If serving immediately top with a pretty swirl of the Cool Whip Frosting and serve.
- Category: Cupcakes
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 269
Keywords: summer cupcake recipe, Patriotic dessert recipes, Layered Cupcake recipe, Desserts in a Jar recipe