Alfredo Sauce With Half and Half
Homemade Alfredo Sauce With Half and Half is easy to make and tastes delicious. This creamy thick homemade Alfredo sauce is perfect. The sauce is so thick it clings to the fettuccine noodles and has a great Parmesan cheese flavor.
- Cook the fettuccine noodles in a pot of salted boiling water following the instructions on the box.
- Drain the pasta and run under cold water until cool. Drain well. Set aside while making the alfredo sauce.
- To make the Alfredo sauce melt the butter in a medium-size saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the flour, salt, and pepper to the melted butter.
- Use a whisk to combine. Whisk until the lumps are gone and the flour mixture is smooth. Continue to whisk over heat until bubbling.
- Slowly pour the half and half into the pot while whisking. Whisk until the flour mixture is completely mixed into the half and half with no lumps. Make sure to scrape the whisk into the edges of the pan where some of the flour and butter mixture may be sticking.
- Constantly whisk the mixture until the sauce starts to thicken and comes to a boil.
- Remove the pot from the heat source once the Alfredo sauce has thickened.
- Add the shredded Parmesan cheese to the pot and whisk until the cheese is melted into the sauce.
- Dump the cooked fettuccine noodles into a serving bowl or large pan so you can mix the sauce into the noodles.
- Pour the thickened Alfredo made with half and half over the pasta.
- Toss the pasta with the sauce until the fettuccine noodles are covered with Alfredo sauce.
- Sprinkle with a teaspoon of dried parsley flakes and stir the dried or fresh herb into the dish.
- Transfer the Fettuccine Alfredo to a serving plate and sprinkle with parsley and more Parmesan cheese.
- Makes 4 servings.
- Calories: 209
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 7.9g
Keywords: Alfredo Sauce with Half and Half, homemade Alfredo Sauce, Alfredo Sauce no cream