DIY Airheads Advent Calendar is a Christmas advent calender you can make with the kids.
- Airheads in Mystery White, Green Apple, Watermelon and Cherry
- Airheads Xtremes (optional)
- 2 inch Mini Cookie Cutters
- Black Edible Marker
- Christmas Ornament hooks
- Freezer paper
- Twig Tree or other small artificial Christmas tree
- Rolling pin
- Embroidery needle or wooden skewer
- Warm your choice of flavor Airheads in the palm of your hand rolling it into a ball.
- Flatten the ball with a wooden rolling pin and roll it until your mini ornament will fit over the flattened piece of Airheads candy.
- Press the metal cookie cutter into the candy until it cuts through to the back.
- Gently push the shape through the cookie cutter and set aside on a piece of freezer paper.
- Repeat once or twice more with the remaining piece of Airheads.
- Cut 24 mini Airheads candy ornaments.
- Push a thick embroidery needle or wooden skewer through the top of each ornament to make a very small hole so the ornament can be hung with an ornament hook.
- Cut pieces of contrasting colored Airheads to decorate each Airheads ornament.
- Embellish with strips of Airheads Xtremes if desired.
- Trace each cookie cutter shape on a piece of freezer paper. You will need one freezer paper shape for each ornament made.
- Dampen the back of each Airheads ornament with a finger dipped in water.
- Place a freezer paper cut out that corresponds with the ornament shape, shiny side down on the back of the ornament. Trim if needed. Set ornament down on another piece of freezer paper to air dry. Repeat for each ornament. Allow to air dry a couple of hours or overnight.
- Using the Black Edible Ink marker write a number on each ornament starting with number 1 and ending with number 24. Allow ink to dry before handling.
- Push an ornament hook through the hole at the top of each ornament. Repeat with all the remaining ornaments.
- Hang your Airhead Advent Ornaments from a twig tree or mini artificial Christmas tree.
- Enjoy each corresponding numbered ornament starting with number one of the 1st day of December to count down the days until Christmas Eve.