Stuffing Bread Recipe
Here is a little twist for those who absolutely love homemade bread stuffing during the holiday's. Make a loaf of this Stuffing Bread instead. Enjoy all the flavors of homemade bread stuffing in a slice. Imagine eating a leftover turkey sandwich on a thick slice of stuffing bread.
- Assemble all your ingredients.
- Saute the onions, celery, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper in the butter.
- While that’s cooking bloom the yeast by warming the water slightly, add the yeast and stir. Set it aside until the yeast is foaming on the top of the water.
- Add the flour and chicken bouillon and onion powder to your mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the egg and yeast to the bowl and stir until combined. Dough will be dry.
- Add the cooked onion and celery mixture to the bowl and mix well.
- It will be dry but once the liquid from the onions and celery start mixing in it will release some of the liquid and moisten the dough.
- Knead for 10 minutes.
- Turn the dough out and put in a well oiled bowl. Cover with loose plastic wrap and let rise until doubled. About 1 hour depending on the temp of your kitchen.
- Once doubled form into a loaf and put into a well greased bread pan. Cover with plastic again and let rise until the dough crests over the edges of the bread pan.
- Bake the bread in a 375' F pre-heated oven. Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden brown. Let cool five minutes and turn out of bread pan. Cool before cooking.
Can be toasted and eaten just like a regular piece of homemade bread or cut into cubes and used to make homemade Bread Stuffing.
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 73
Keywords: Stuffing Bread Recipe,