This Sweet Cherry Vanilla Jam Recipe has been adapted from the Ball Fresh Preserving Jam Maker Sweet Cherry Jam recipe http://www.freshpreserving.com/recipe.aspx?r=313
- 2 2/3 cups crushed frozen sweet cherries (about 2 lbs)
- 3 Tbsp Ball® RealFruit® Classic Pectin
- 2 Tbsp bottled lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp butter or margarine
- 3 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 fat vanilla bean
- Thaw and crush cherries, measure and set aside.
- Measure remaining ingredients and set aside.
- Sprinkle pectin even over the bottom of the jam maker..
- Add cherries, lemon juice and butter to the jam maker.
- Cut the vanilla bean in half then split each half and scrap bean. Add vanilla bean seeds and pods to the jam maker.
- Press the enter button.
- When the jam maker issues four beeps add sugar and cover with the lid.
- Jam will cook for about 21 minutes in the jam and jelly maker. Once the jam is done cooking fill jars accordingly and process in a hot water bath.
- Make 4 1/2 pints.
Calorie count is for each entire half pint jar.
- Calories: 880