6 Easy Tips to Cut Back On Sugar
Disclosure: This 6 Easy Tips to Cut Back on Sugar post has been compensated as part of a sponsored Ambassadorship by SocialStars for SPLENDA® Sweetener Products #SweetSwaps . All opinions are my own.
You may be surprised that I am sharing these 6 Easy Tips to Cut Back on Sugar with you today. There are some hazards to writing a food blog. One of those hazards is weight gain.
You may not read about it much on the food blogs you read every day but believe me Food Bloggers gain weight. Weight gain is an occupational hazard in the foodie world.
I know I mentioned it a few times in the past year that I have been on a low carb diet. I’m proud to say I have lost over 50 pounds in the past 15 months.
Everyone knows that eating too much sugar is bad for you in a number of ways. Sugar adds calories to our day. Sugar is high in carbs. Carbs make you gain weight.
The weight that I had gained was causing some health issues for me. High blood pressure, pre-type 2 diabetes and high cholesterol. Add that on top of a family history of heart disease. Not a good thing!
If I wanted to get my health in check then a big change was in order. The first thing I did was cut out all extra sugar. The second thing I did was stop eating anything that was white. I went on a very strict no sugar, low carb and low salt diet.
When the sugar cravings were too much and I needed something sweet I would use SPLENDA® Sweetener Products. A fast and easy #SplendaSweeties dessert I like to make is microwave cinnamon apples sweetened with SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend
If you are trying to lose weight, the first thing you need to do is cut back on the amount of sugar you consume on a daily basis.
- Americans consume 22 teaspoons of sugar each day – that’s three times the lower daily limit recently recommended by the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Many consumers underestimate the amount of added sugars in the foods and beverages they eat every day.
- Limiting added sugars in your daily diet can be a helpful tool in controlling calorie intake, which is important to consider for weight management.
- Studies show that excess weight gain can lead to obesity and increase the risk of developing Type 2 diabetes and other serious health conditions, like cardiovascular disease.
- Low-calorie sweeteners, like SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, are a great option to help reduce the amount of added sugars in our diet while still satisfying sweet taste.
Use these 6 Easy Tips to Cut Back On Sugar
- Unsweetened applesauce can be substituted for some of the sugar in baked goods.
- Swap store bought bottled dressings, ketchup, tomato sauce and barbeque sauce recipes for homemade versions.
- Swap sugar-sweetened beverages for plain water, sparkling water or unsweetened iced tea.
- Instead of indulging in a traditional sugar based dessert, enjoy the natural sweetness of fruit.
- Make your own snack mix or granola without all the added sugars.
I’ve shared a number of SPLENDA® Brand #SweetSwap recipes over the years, both savory and sweet.
Check out my SPLENDA® Brand #SweetSwap recipes here.