Never Fail Pumpkin Muffins
A Vintage Recipe Project remake.
I was very happy with the way the recipe turned out. The butter made all the difference.
But the cupcakes now have a denser texture to them. So I asked myself a question.
What is the difference between a cupcake and a muffin? I think the difference is the texture.
- All muffins have a very dense texture.
- Most cupcakes have a light and airy texture.
The Vintage Recipe Project: Never Fail Pumpkin Muffins
Never Fail Pumpkin Muffins is a Vintage Recipe project recipe. I’ve updated an old vintage muffin recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 22 minutes
- Total Time: 32 minutes
- Yield: 12
- Category: Muffins
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup of canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup of evaporated milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tbs milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
To make the muffins
- Put all of the ingredients in the bowl of a mixer and beat on medium until evenly combined.
- Line your muffin pan with cupcake papers.
- Use an ice cream scoop to fill the cupcake papers.
- If you want you can fill all 12 cupcake wells using the entire batch of batter and make 12 large instead of making 18 medium muffins.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 18 minutes.
To Make the Glaze
- Whisk the pumpkin pie spice with the powdered sugar.
- Add the vanilla extract and the milk. Whisk until smooth and lump free.
- Drizzle over completely cooled muffins.