One of my favorite flavor combos is coffee and chocolate.
One of my favorite things to do is bake.
Say hello to Mocha Brownie Cupcakes.
During the lazy days of summer I like to experiment in my baking. I seem to have more time to play around in the kitchen. My baking time is not interrupted by getting my daughter off to school and then meeting her bus in the afternoon.
I can play to my hearts content.
This summer I have been having a blast coming up with tasty ways to enjoy International Delight Iced Coffee.
Did you see the Mocha Caramel Macchiato Shooters I posted?
Or what about the Mocha Iced Coffee Shake?
Those two recipes are guaranteed to cool you off during the sweltering heat of summer.
This week I decided to go another route using ID Iced coffee.
I still had a half gallon of ID Mocha Iced coffee in the fridge from my shopping trip to Walmart last week.
What better way is there to use it then to make some cupcakes?
I love the way these cupcakes turned out.
The flavor of International Delight Mocha Iced Coffee is infused into the cupcake and frosting.
The cupcakes turned out with the flavor of a mocha brownie and the texture of a cupcake.
- 1¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ tespoon salt
- ½ stick butter
- 1 pascked cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- ⅓ cup International Delight Mocha Iced Coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 oz semi sweet chocolate chips, melted
- Sift together all the dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Cream together the butter and brown sugar in the bowl of a
- stand mixer or a large bowl. Add the egg and beat until
- Add the buttermilk, iced coffee and vanilla.
- Mix well. Slowly drizzle the melted chocoalte into the
- mixture while the mixer is running on low.
- Mix 1-2 minutes until the melted chocolate is combined well
- with the other ingredients.
- Fill cupcake liners ¾ full. Bake at 350 for 18 minutes.
- Makes 12 cupcakes. Cool and frost with Mocha Delight
- Frosting below.
Connect with International Delight
- Website : International Delight
- Twitter: InDelight
- Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/InternationalDelight
- Facebook Sweepstakes: http://on.fb.me/IgQhxH ends 7/4
Top these Mocha Brownie Cupcakes with the InDelight Mocha Frosting recipe below.
- 3½ cups powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup softened unsalted butter
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons International Delight Mocha Iced Coffee
- Cream the softened butter. Add the vanilla and salt. Mix
- Add the powdered sugar one cup at a time. After the third
- cup of powdered sugar is mixed in add the four tablespoons
- of Mocha Iced Coffee. Beat until incorporated well. Add the
- remaining powdered sugar. Add an addition ½ if it needs
I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and International Delight #IcedDelight #CBias #SocialFabric . All text, photos and opinions are my own.