Check out these pretty Spring time cookie pops I made for the McCormick’s Great Spring Flavor Recipe Contest. I used McCormick’s Pure Lemon Extract to flavor the cookie dough and the frosting. I also used McCormick’s Food Coloring to color the frosting pretty pastel colors perfect for Spring.
You can check out all the Spring Recipe Pins on the McCormick Pin~spirations Pinterest page.
Want a great chance to win some great McCormick products?
Enter the McCormick Pin-spirations contest by baking a spring time recipe and uploading it to the McCormick Pin-spiration board you will create on Pinterrest.
You can find all the fine print here
Yes there is some baking involved and pinning but you probably figured that out already. And your hanging out on Pinterest anyway so you might as well enter to win!
- 1 cup softened butter (2 sticks)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbs light corn syrup
- 1 tsp McCormick’s Lemon Extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbs water
- 3 ½ cups of flour
- In a large bowl cream the butter, sugar and corn syrup until light and fluffy.
- Add the lemon extract and salt. Mix until combined.
- Slightly beat the egg and water in a small bowl.
- Add the flour to the mixer bowl and turn on low. Slowly drizzle the egg and water mixture into the mixer bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Divide the dough in half. Scoop into a ziplock bag. Flatten into a circle and place the dough in the refrigerator for at least an hour to firm up.
- When ready to cut out your cookies take one bag of dough out of the refrigerator leaving the other bag of dough chilling in the refrigerator.
- Sprinkle your surface with flour. Sprinkle the top of the dough and rolling pin with flour and cut your cookies.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 12 minutes. The thicker the cookie the longer the baking time.
Do you need some baking inspiration? Check out some Spring recipes here at the McCormick
Follow the McCormick Pinterest page here
Pin it to win it!
For all the contest rules click here.
You can follow me on Pinterest @Flour On My Face
Disclosure: I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for McCormick. I received product samples and a promotional item to thank me for participating