How to Make Coleslaw
I’m very particular about my coleslaw. I want it made just so. I want the dressing to be slightly sweet and tangy and I want the cabbage chopped very fine.
How to make a Sweet Coleslaw
- 8 cups finely chopped cabbage (I used ¾th of a big head of cabbage)
- ¼ cup shredded carrot
- 1/3 cup sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup mayo
- 2 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ tablespoon white vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Mix all the dressing ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
- Chop cabbage finely.
- Toss cabbage with dressing.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving.
Mix the dressing ingredients together and set aside.
This recipe makes enough coleslaw for a crowd. If you’re not feeding a crowd you can divide the recipe in half.
|Cut your cabbage in quarters and peel your carrot|
|Remove the core from the cabbage and grate your carrot.|
|Using a rocking motion of your knife chop the cabbage into a very small dice|
|Finely chop the thin slices of cabbage|
|Finely diced cabbage for coleslaw|
|Chopped cabbage and carrots for coleslaw|