Honey BBQ Chicken Wings
Are you planning to do a little Tailgating at home during the upcoming football season? Then I have the perfect home tailgating appetizer recipe for you. These Honey BBQ Chicken Wings are sure to become your go to tailgating recipe. As you know Chicken wings are the all time favorite tailgating food .
Red Baron, Freschetta, and Tony’s pizza is stirring up college football season with some exciting fun at the online Tailgate At Your Place ultimate tailgating party website. This is where all the cool tailgaters are going to be hanging out this football season!
What is so special at the Tailgate At Your Place website? Up for grabs is $150,000 in prizes! There are daily prizes, there are football trivia games, tips to make your home Tailgate At Your Place ready, there is the school spirit page where you can play trivia games to see just how well you know your favorite college football team. And each time you play you earn entries to win great prizes.
Seriously the Tailgate at Your Place is the ultimate college fall football fan hangout. You can find anything you need to get your own Tailgate At Your Place Party started. Be sure to check back weekly for the weekly Tailgate At Your Place Tips and Tailgating party favors to print out.
Tailgating Food! There are some mouthwatering tailgating recipes to pick and choose from. Be sure to check out the Tailgating Recipe Challenge.
Each week two new tailgating recipes will be going head to head competing for your votes. Each week when you vote you will earn another sweeps entry.
I need your help here! My delicious tender and mouthwatering Honey BBQ Chicken Wings recipe is going to be doing battle against another tailgating recipe. I need all of you to go check out the Recipe Challenge and vote for my tailgating Honey BBQ Chicken Wings recipe!
Then after you vote run out to the store and pick up the ingredients to make these Honey BBQ Chicken Wings asap. They are the perfect Tailgate At Your Place recipe but they are so good you really don’t need to wait for the first college football game to enjoy them!
My secret ingredient is buttermilk! Now don’t tell what my secret ingredient is to your tailgating guests. Just make these Honey BBQ Chicken Wings and sit back and listen to all the compliments.
Grab the Honey BBQ Chicken Wing recipe below.
“Your favorite pizza brands, Tony’s®, Red Baron® and Freschetta® are kicking off Tailgate at Your Place –a whole new tradition and virtual hub where you can earn sweepstakes entries for the chance to WIN prizes totaling $150,000! Explore recipes, college football trivia, party tips, games and more! Don’t miss out. Visit www.TailgateAtYourPlace.com now (through 1/10/2015) and begin by designing your virtual living room! (Find the official Rules and Regulations here)
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Red Baron. The opinions and text are all mine.
Honey BBQ Chicken Wings
These Honey BBQ Chicken Wings are sure to become your go to tailgating recipe. As you know Chicken wings are the all time favorite tailgating food but they are also perfect any time you need a delicious chicken wing appetizer.
- Prep Time: 45 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour 10 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 55 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Category: Chicken recipe
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 3 pounds Chicken wings
- 1 ½ cups Buttermilk
- 1 cup Hickory Smoked BBQ sauce
- ½ cup plus 1 tbs honey
- 3 tbsp minced garlic,divided
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 ½ tbs hot sauce
- Cut wings into sections and discard wing tips.
- In large bowl mix buttermilk, hot sauce, 2 teaspoons minced garlic, 1 tablespoon honey, dry mustard, salt and pepper.
- Mix well and add the chicken wings turning to cover all sides.
- Place chicken in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 30 minutes to overnight.
- Pour wings into a large colander to drain excess buttermilk marinade. Discard any remaining buttermilk marinade.
- Place chicken wings in a single layer on a baking rack or broiler pan over a large cookie sheet.
- Bake chicken wings for 40 minutes, turning after the first 20 minutes to cook evenly.
- While the wings are baking mix 1 cup bbq sauce, 1/2 cup honey and 1 tablespoon of minced garlic.
- After 40 minutes begin basting the chicken wings with the honey bbq and garlic sauce.
- Bake for 15 minutes on each side of the wings, turn over and baste other side.
- Serving Size: 6 chicken wings
- Calories: 916