Looking for something quick and easy for lunch or dinner?
Have some tortilla shells in the refrigerator and a few fresh veggies sitting on the counter?
Quesadilla’s are so easy to make and they can be made individually so everyone in the family is happy.
I often make a plain cheddar cheese quesadilla for the kids to snack on. But for myself I love to change it up and use what ever I have in the house.
This week I had some fresh spinach leaves and fresh Florida grown tomatoes my husband picked up for me over the weekend at a little fruit and veggie stand.
Fresh From Florida | Quick and Easy Veggie Quesadilla
- 2 flour tortilla shells
- 1 tomato
- a handful of baby spinach leaves
- 1 green onion
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 mozzarella cheese
- a dash of Italian seasoning
- Assemble your quesadilla
- Place 1 tortilla shell on a plate or cutting board.
- Spread a scant teaspoon of ricotta cheese on it.
- Add a layer of spinach leaves.
- Top with enough tomato slices to almost cover the spinach leaves.
- Slice the green onion and sprinkle as much as you like on top of the tomato slices.
- Sprinkle the dash of Italian seasoning over everything evenly.
- Add a few teaspoons of ricotta cheese all over the top.
- Add another layer of spinach leaves.
- Sprinkle a little more mozarella cheese over it.
- Spread a scant teaspoon of ricotta cheese on the bottom of the reserved tortilla shell.
- Cover with the filling with tortilla shell.
- Carefully move the quesadilla to a frying pan.
- Heat in an un-greased frying pan until cheese is melted and outside is browned and crispy.