Easy Crock Pot Chicken Enchiladas
I recently decided to make chicken enchiladas using my crock pot. Like any crock pot recipe this Easy Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada recipe is easy to make, doesn’t take much effort and the final results are delicious.
My crock pot recipes are some of my most popular family recipes that are requested time after time.
If you haven’t started cooking in a crock pot yet what are you waiting for? You can get a 2 qt Crock Pot on Amazon (affiliate link) for under $12. I have 7 different crock pots in different sizes. I have the smallest one available that warm dips can be made in and one big enough to cook a big ham in…… along with the sizes in between.
To make these Easy Crock Pot Chicken Enchiladas you are going to start by cooking skinless boneless chicken breasts in chicken stock in the crock pot. But you could also make the Easy Crock Pot Chicken Enchiladas if you have leftover chicken breasts already. You would just pull the chicken meat apart and then proceed with the rest of the instructions.
This Easy Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada recipe is also a great freezer meal. I cooked one tray for dinner and froze the rest for another day.
- 3 boneless chicken breast
- 1 32
oxbox low sodium chicken broth
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 10 oz can enchilada sauce
- 1 7 oz can
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup corn kernels
- ¾ cup black beans
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 10 oz cans enchilada sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- Put the first 5 ingredients into a crock pot and cook for 4 hours. After four hours remove the chicken from the crock pot and set aside to cool.
- Pour the chicken broth from the crock pot through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl. Set aside.
- Pull the cooled chicken apart.
- Return the pulled chicken meat and ¼ to ½ cup of reserved chicken broth to the crock pot add stir. Add the enchilada filling ingredients to the crock pot and stir.
- Place the enchiladas seam down into a baking pan and pour on
canof enchilada sauce over the top.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle cheddar cheese over the top of the enchiladas. Return to the oven and bake until cheese is melted.
Looking for more Easy Crock Pot Recipes?
Pulled Chicken Sandwiches are just as easy to make as Pulled Pork Sandwiches so I also shared my Easy Crock Pot Pulled Chicken Sandwich recipe on my blog.