Crock Pot Chicken Tomato Bean Soup
Finally this past weekend the hint of Fall could be felt. Low humidity and daytime temps in the 80’s will put a big smile on the faces of us Floridians. Sunday was a perfect day for a bowl of this Crock Pot Chicken Tomato Bean soup. I love making homemade soup. I enjoy soup all year round, but it seems to taste so much better on a cool Fall day.
Almost all of my crock pot soup recipes start out the same way. Cooking chicken breast on the bone in a crock pot and making a homemade chicken broth. If you are using boneless chicken breasts as I sometimes do then using a box of store-bought low sodium chicken broth works fine.
When I make my Easy Crock Pot Pulled Chicken I save the broth to use the next time I make soup. You can save the broth for 1 week in the refrigerator or freeze it if you are not planning on making soup that week.Print
Crock Pot Chicken Tomato and Bean Soup
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours
- Category: Crock Pot Soup
- 2 large chicken breast
- 2 quarts homemade chicken broth or 4 cups boxed
- 1 small onion
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 cup of mini carrots
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can cannelloni beans
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 can Hunts Fire Roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 can mixed vegetables
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed into 1/8 cup of cold water (optional)
- Place the first 6 ingredients into a crock pot and cook on high 2-3 hours until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken, cool slightly and pull meat from the bone, set aside.
- Remove the carrots from the crock pot and reserve.
- Strain the chicken broth through a fine mesh strainer and discard the solids.
- Return the chicken broth to the crock pot along with the chicken pieces, carrots, and next 4 ingredients.
- Cook on high for 1 hour or until all the ingredients are heated through.
- To slightly thicken the broth add the cornstarch and water. Return to a boil in the crock pot stirring occasionally before serving.
Looking for more Crock Pot Soup Recipes? Check out my Crock Pot Recipe page for 100+ Crock Pot Recipes