Make these Cadbury Creme Egg Cupcakes and surprise the kids during your Easter celebration with a special little surprise tucked inside. Each homemade chocolate cupcake is topped with homemade chocolate butter cream frosting, stuffed with a mini Cadbury Creme Egg and decorated with green sprinkles and another Cadbury Egg.
1. Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together into a bowl.Set aside.
2. Add the cocoa to the boiling water and mix until all lumps have dissolved.Set aside.
3. In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar.
4. Add the egg and vanilla to the bowl with the creamed butter and sugar.
5. Beat on high for about 2 minutes.
6. Add half the dry ingredients and half the cocoa mixture to the bowl and beat for about 1 minute.
7. Add the remaining dry ingredients and cocoa mixture to the bowl and beat for 2 minutes on high.
8. Fill the cupcake wells 3/4 full with batter.
9. Bake in a preheated 350 degrees oven or (325-degree oven for dark pans) for 20-24 minutes or until the top of a cupcake springs back when touched.
10. Allow cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.
Homemade Chcocolate Butter Cream Frosting Directions
1. Cream the softened butter in a large bowl until smooth and fluffy.
2. Sift the powdered sugar and cocoa together into a bowl. Add the salt.
3. Gradually add the powdered sugar to the mixer bowl and beat on low until mixed in.
4. Increase the speed to medium high and beat for 3 minutes, scraping the bowl occasionally.
5. Refrigerate until serving.